The mini-filter, also referred to as the Mini pulse-clean filter is a new member of the bin vent filter family. Every unit consists of one small filter bag or cartridge filter element. This filter bag is cleaned with a burst of compressed air automatically. They are constructed in a way that they can fit the loss-in-weight feeder hoppers and Aerolock surge hoppers. These mini filters are compact, reliable automatic vent filters that can be used for long durations without the blinding or maintenance of a static vent sock. The pulse signal is sent with the help of a pulse timer or a central controller.
When we come to its unique design, it is available in two materials. They are carbon steel and stainless steel. The mini-filter bag has a 0.09 m2 [1 ft2 ] of polyester filter cloth or a 1.25 m2 [13.5 ft2 ] cartridge. Compressed air is passed for the pulse jet filter cleaning with solenoid operated control valve, IP65 [NEMA 4/12], 24 VDC and 115 VAC. 2.5 m3 /hr [1.5 ft3 /min] of clean, dry compressed air is required at 5.5 – 6.89 Bar [80 – 100 PSIG]. This mini-filter is CE compliant as well.
The Pulse Clean Control Panel consists of two features:
- To send the pulse signal to the solenoid, an existing PLC or a control timer can be used.
- 24 VDC and 115 VAC NEMA 4X enclosure.
Following are the control timers that can be used:
(Not CE Compliant)
- 5702-54 Continuous Use Panel – It provides continuous control with adjustable off-time between pulses.
- 5702-55 Refill Use Panel – These include delay timers. The timer will activate the solenoid for an adjustable number of pulses, when the 115 VAC refill signal is satisfied and goes away, then await the next refill cycle.
- 5702-77 Continuous Use Panel – It provides continuous control with adjustable off-time between pulses.
- 5702-78 Refill Use Panel – These include delay timers. The timer will activate the solenoid for an adjustable number of pulses, when the 24 VAC refill signal is satisfied and goes away, then await the next refill cycle.